Photo Gallery plugin provides numerous user-friendly tools, which allow you to entirely personalize the options and features of your galleries, slideshows, image lightbox, gallery groups, and more.
With these settings, you are able to define the general configuration for all your galleries and gallery groups at once. You have complete control over the behaviour, structure, and features of Photo Gallery on your website.
To begin this setup, navigate to Photo Gallery > Global Settings page from WordPress administrative dashboard of your website. This panel contains the following sections of tools:
- Gallery views,
- Group of gallery Views,
Let’s discuss each section separately and explore all options.
Note: As you finish modifying the settings, make sure to Save the changes. To return to the default options of Photo Gallery, press Reset all options button.
This set of options allows you to configure the core settings of Photo Gallery plugin and its entries. You can apply various modifications, such as:
- defining the images directory where the photos are kept,
- changing generated image and thumbnail dimensions,
- setting image quality and activating right-click protection,
- enabling image preloading feature, for excellent user experience in Photo Gallery’s lightbox.
- activating Photo Gallery custom posts and their comments,
- enable or disable get parameter for image URL,
- enable or disable GDPR compliance,
- enable auto-filling of image descriptions through Auto-fill metadata option,
- generating shortcode and PHP function of Photo Gallery,
- uninstalling Photo Gallery,
Important! Uninstalling Photo Gallery will completely remove all its data. This includes deleting images, galleries, gallery groups, tags, themes and resetting all options to their defaults.
Please make sure you don’t have any important information before you proceed.
Using the tools of Gallery tab in Photo Gallery’s Options, you are able to define the default options for publishing galleries.
The plugin lets you apply unique setup to each gallery when publishing via shortcode. However, with Gallery options, you are able to implement a generic configuration. This panel of options is divided into the following sub-sections:
- Image Browser,
- Blog Style,
Each of them corresponds to the layout of the same name. These sub-sections include their own set of options, which allow you to modify the corresponding gallery layout only. Using these settings, you can:
- configure gallery dimensions, thumbnail size, and image columns,
- select the type of masonry and mosaic galleries,
- set the pagination type on galleries, choosing between Simple, Load More, and Scroll Load pagination,
- configure animation effect, autoplay, as well as shuffle for slideshow galleries,
- define image ordering and order direction,
- enable search box and tag box on galleries,
- activate titles of galleries/images, as well as descriptions of photos,
- enable bulk download of gallery images,
and much more.
Group of Gallery Views
Much like the options of Gallery section, the settings under the Group of Gallery Views allow you to set the default configuration for publishing gallery groups. These options are separated into the following 3 sub-sections:
Using the tools of each of these sub-sections, you are able to set the default options for the corresponding gallery group layout. You can:
- define the number of gallery group and image columns,
- set the thumbnail dimensions of galleries/gallery groups and images,
- specify the type of pagination, setting to None, Simple, Load More, or Scroll Load,
- select the number of galleries, gallery groups and images per page,
- enable search box and tag box, as well as Order by drop-down list on gallery groups,
- activate gallery, gallery group, and image titles, as well as descriptions,
- select the view type of galleries, choosing between Thumbnails, Masonry, or Mosaic layouts,
Photo Gallery provides its classy and neat lightbox, which allows website visitors to view enlarged versions of images by clicking on them. Image click action setting of Lightbox tab in Photo Gallery options has the following 3 options:
- Open lightbox. To activate Photo Gallery’s lightbox, select this option.
- Redirect to URL. This option allows you to set links on thumbnails and redirect visitors to another page upon clicking on them. To use this, you need to follow these steps:
- firstly, select Redirect to URL option here,
- afterward, open your gallery and provide the necessary links in Redirect to URL field, which will appear under Alt/Title input of each image.
- when creating Photo Gallery shortcode, make sure Image Click Action option is set to Redirect to URL in shortcode toolbox as well.
- Do Nothing. To simply showcase the thumbnails of images without any click actions, select this option.
Important note: Regardless of selecting an Image click action from this page, you are still able to choose one of the other two actions while creating Photo Gallery shortcode.
With the settings under Lightbox tab of Photo Gallery’s Options page, you have all necessary tools to:
- change lightbox dimensions or enable full-width lightbox,
- apply animation effect and activate lightbox next/previous buttons,
- activate a stunning filmstrip of image thumbnails and showcase it with the lightbox,
- switch on control buttons, such as image info, full screen, download, social sharing, image zoom, and comments,
- activate looping in the lightbox, allow users to rate images by enabling image rating,
and much more.
Photo Gallery plugin lets you add image or text watermarks on your gallery images. To configure these settings, open Options page of the plugin, and navigate to Watermark tab.
To configure a watermark, you need to select Watermark type, and set up the following:
- provide the text or the image for the watermark,
- specify the font size, font family and color of text watermark,
- set the size of image watermark,
- select watermark opacity and define its position.
Then you can apply the configured watermark to all images added to galleries by clicking on Set Watermark button. To remove the applied watermark, press Reset Watermark.
Furthermore, if you wish to add watermark to images of specific galleries, you can edit the galleries and use Set Watermark button of Bulk Actions.
This tab of Photo Gallery’s Options page consists of advanced settings separated into the sections listed below.
This set of tools allows configuring options regarding Instagram galleries, which are created using Social Bulk Embed feature. You are able to:
- set gallery auto-update interval for displaying new posts in Instagram galleries,
- sign in to Instagram, authorizing access, and thus incorporate Instagram API to your website.
Using Roles tools of Photo Gallery plugin, you are able to:
- select a WordPress user role, including a non-administrative role, that can add and edit galleries, images, gallery groups and tags,
- enable restrictions to disallow authors from modifying galleries, gallery groups, and images created by other users.
With these options, you can add Text or Image advertisement on photos in Photo Gallery. The advertisement displays on images when they are opened with Photo Gallery’s lightbox.
To apply advertisement, you need to:
- choose the advertisement type, text or image
- specify the image or text to add as the advertisement,
- provide the advertisement link to add with the specified image or text,
- select the font style and color for text advertisement,
- choose the dimensions of image advertisement,
- specify the advertisement opacity,
- select the position of the advertisement on lightbox images.