Good security measures start with a proper backup of your website. Here at 10Web, we automatically backup your website every day and save each backup for 10 days. You can find these backups in your Restore Points. However, websites with high traffic and daily modifications need a different configuration for backups. With the 10Web Backup Service, you can schedule your website to automatically backup starting from Monthly backups to Real Time backups. Choose the backup limitations best suited for your website, download your backups as zip files, restore from your previous backups, and more.
To set up Backup Services, log into your 10Web Dashboard and click Manage on the website for which you want to set up this service.
Click on Backups and then Enable Backup Services.
Before initiating a backup, navigate to the Settings tab and select the website components to backup:
- Files - copy all files of your website and create an archive
- Database - the MySQL tables of your WordPress database will be backed up
- Or, Choose both
Also in the Settings tab:
- Set your Backup Limitation - a minimum of 100 to a maximum of 1000 backups
- Delete previous backups - Click on the red, Delete Backup button to delete the backed up files. Note: this will delete all backed up files.
Once your options are set, run a backup by clicking the Backup Now button on the calendar. Your backups will also be marked on this calendar.
Depending on the size of your website files and/or database, the process can take a few minutes. To find data concerning your backups, go to the Backup tab. Here you can:
- review backup time and size
- restore backed up files and/or databases
- download backup files