Choosing and Adding Themes
To choose or add new themes for the Ecommerce plugin go to Ecommerce > Themes.
Here you can set one of the themes to be default by pressing on star icon next to it. To add new theme press Add new button. Initially the theme will have settings of the theme which is set to default. First you need to add title to the theme and choose whether to have rounded corners for the ecommerce containers.
In Elements tab define styles and colors for header, input fields, buttons and dividers, In Components tabdefine navigation bar options, user data and product panel, ratings, tabs, alerts, modal header and pagination. In Single Item and Multiple Items tabs you can define styles and colors for single product or multiple product views, enable certain product parameters and characteristics for views.
Publishing Ecommerce WD into Pages or Posts
In editor of a page/post find Ecommerce WD icon (shaped as a shopping cart), click on it. Set up the options and press Insert button. Shortcode uses three tabs for creating product list, categories or manufacturers pages.
Creating category page: Filter the category/categories to display, define the ordering (ascending, descending) and choose whether to display category information alongside the category product display.
Creating Manufacturer page: Define the ordering for the manufacturer list and choose whether to display manufacturer information alongside its listing.
Creating Products page: Here you need to choose the arrangement for the product display:
- Thumbnails. Displays product identical thumbnails with short description.
- Masonry. Displays product thumbnails based on added image proportions and its content length.
- List. Displays products one after another as a list with short description.
- Blog Style. Displays products one after another with its full description similar to blog posts.
- Chess. Displays set of four products, where the content components of products next to each other are inverse.
Then set up the filters for the product display choosing category, manufacturer, maximum and minimum prices, adding date, rating and tags. As a final step define the ordering.