Description of WordPress Ad Manager settings.
Managing All Adverts
When you create a few advertisement entries, they all will be available under Ad Manager WD page. This section also provides a set of useful tools, which will come handy for you. Let’s go through each of them and discuss thoroughly.
As with regular WordPress posts, you can search your adverts from this page. Enter their title (partially or fully) in corresponding input on top right corner, then click Search.
Bulk Actions dropdown of this page comes with the following settings. Choose the one you need to use and hit Apply.
- Edit lets you make quick modifications on more than one adverts.
- Move to Trash helps you delete several advertisement entries at once.
- Duplicate will create copies of all selected adverts.
- Deactivate allows you to unpublish chosen advertisements from frontend of your site.
- Reset stats will clear out all clicks and impressions statistics for selected adverts.
- Export to JSON option will let you export chosen entries as a JSON file and import on another website, where you have Ad Manager WD plugin.
- Renew lets you re-publish expired adverts for the following periods:
- For 1 year
- For 180 days
- For 30 days
- For 7 days
You can also filter advertisements on All Adverts page using the dropdown menus from the top. They can be filtered by the dates they were published, groups, schedules, as well as their expiration status(active/expired/soon to expire). Choose the necessary values for each select box and click Filter.
Ad Manager WD provides various useful settings, which makes the functionality of the adverts more flexible. You can configure alert messages, geo targeting options, administrative roles and much more. Navigate to Ad Manager WD > Settings and let’s go through each section and options one by one.
Ad Block Detection can be enabled to have a message in case Ad blocker extensions are enabled on user’s browser. The message will appear as an overlay on your website frontend. With Show message for setting you can select the interval (in seconds) during which this message will be displayed. Furthermore, set the message content for Adblock detection using Message to show option.
Bot Filter option lets you provide list of bots, which will otherwise interact with your adverts. We provide a predefined list, which you can keep for this setting. Send Notification When lets you enable email or Pushover notifications to keep track of changes among your adverts. These alert messages can be sent for the following two cases:
- Any advertiser saves an advert in your moderation queue.
- A moderator approved an advert from the moderation queue.
Mark Email Message option as checked to configure email notifications. Afterwards provide the list of recipient email addresses, separated by commas.
Push Notifications to Your Smartphone option turns on notifications, which you will receive directly to your smartphone. This is done through Pushover application.
You can download and install Pushover on your devices from the following links:
There’s one last step necessary to complete, if you wish to get notified via Pushover application. Make user to create a new user for yourself, then copy User Key and API Token of your account to corresponding options of Ad Manager WD.
This section lets you configure tracking settings for checking the statistics of your adverts created with WordPress Ad Manager WD plugin. Three options of tracking tools are available:
- Internal Tracker
- Piwik Analytics
- Google Analytics
Internal Tracker is the tracking tool which runs in Ad Manager WD plugin itself. You can check the statistics of each advertisement from All Adverts page. Click Statistics link to open the details.
Alternatively, the plugin can also be integrated with Piwik Analytics and Google Analytics. However, in this case you need to include their tracking code to header.php or footer.php files of your website theme.
The following settings are available for configuration of Internal Tracker:
- Logged in impressions can be enabled to track impressions from logged in users.
- Logged in clicks lets you track clicks from logged in users.
- Impression timer is used to specifying timer for impressions. This setting will not track sequential impressions during this period. For example, let’s say you have set it to 5, and an impression is recorded. Impressions for this add will not be counted, if they occur during the next 5 seconds.
- Click timer sets the timer for tracking clicks. This setting will not track sequential clicks during this period. For example, let’s say you have set it to 5, and a click is recorded. Clicks for this add will not be counted, if they occur during the next 5 seconds.
WordPress Ad Manager WD plugin lets you export created adverts from one website, and import to another one with its Import feature. Firstly go to Ad Manager WD > All Adverts page to export the entries. Select the necessary items, choose Export JSON option from Bulk Action, then click Export.
Afterwards navigate to Ad Manager WD > Import page, where you will find import settings. Click on Choose File button and select the exported JSON file and press Import.