Enabling https with 10Web dashboard:
- Go to your dashboard and from the dropdown menu select the option Tools.
- Good news is on 10Web the https is automatically enabled for you.
- Next you can choose one of the two possible options: “add a custom https certificate” or “generate a free https.”
To help you generate free SSL certificates, we at 10Web, use Letsencrypt free and open certificate generating service.
- If you chose to generate a free certificate, you’ll need to have at least one live domain. Then all you have to do is click on the corresponding option. The following text will appear on your screen:
- Then you just click continue.
- To finish the process you have to click on “Generate” and you’re done.
Maybe you’re already bought a custom https certificate that you feel like adding to your website. You’re most welcome to use it.
- Simply select “Add custom https certificate.”
- You’ll be asked to fill in the vital information, that is copy the .key file contents and .cert file contents to the corresponding boxes.
- Last but not the least, hit “Generate.” It might take a minute or so and there you go – ready!
Later, if you think it necessary, you can also update or remove the SSL certificate in one click from the dropdown menu underneath the “enable https” option.