10Web provides the capability to host HTML websites, but there are a few limitations you should be aware of:
- FTP Client Editing: The website can only be edited through an FTP client.
- Unavailability of 10Web Specific Features: The 10Web AI Builder, Website Booster, Image Optimizer, plugins, themes, backup, SEO features, and more, will not be accessible.
- Limited CDN: Although Cloudflare CDN can be used, automatic cache clearing won't be available.
- Manual Syncing: If the staging environment is enabled, you'll need to manually synchronize the staging and live sites.
How to host your HTML website on 10Web
Before you begin, make sure you have the index.html file of your website.
If you have a website hosted on 10Web, it is most likely a WordPress website. If you want to host an HTML site on 10Web, here is how to do it.
- Log in to your 10Web account
- Click on the empty website that you want to make HTML
- Under Hosting Services, click on Credentials
Find the SFTP card with the login credentials.
- Go to your SFTP/FTP client and use the credentials provided by 10Web to log in
Make sure that you use SFTP Protocol when logging in to your SFTP client.
- Once logged in, upload your index.html file into the root folder of your website, in this case home/wplive/web/wp-live
- After index.html has been uploaded, you must delete the index.php file
Lastly, you will need to clear cache and restart PHP.
To do this:
- Navigate to your 10Web dashboard
- Click on your HTML website
- Under Hosting services, click on Tools
- In the Website caching section, click Clear Cache
- Next, scroll down and click Restart PHP