- Click “Photo Gallery” from the menu on the left of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the gallery you wish to reorder the images of.
- On the left side of your images, click the drop-down menu and choose between “Drag&Drop” and “Numerate.”
- On the left side of each image, you’ll find a cross icon , this is the drag button.
- Left-click and hold the drag button.
- Drag the image up/down to change its order in the gallery.
- On the left side of each image, click the box and set the order number you wish the image to have.
- Your images will reorder according to their given numbers.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to keep your specified order for one of your published galleries, you can click the shortcode of a gallery that’s already published in one of your pages or posts, then from the window that follows find the “Order by” option and sort the images (by date, name, etc.) from the drop-down list.