There are quite a few cases in which you may want to change your website’s WP URL. That can be done in several ways. Let’s go ahead and discuss each.
In the admin dashboard
The simplest way of changing your WordPress address is from your WordPress Admin Dashboard. This is how:
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Settings and click General.
- You’ll see two fields: WordPress Address and Site Address. You should change the values of those two fields to the new valid URL you want to use for your website. Make sure the URL starts with http:// or https:// and the URLs entered into those two fields exactly match.
- Click Save below.
- You’ll be automatically logged out of your website, since the URL is now changed. Once you log in again, you’ll have your new address above the page.
In the config file
Chances are that the two fields mentioned above – the WordPress Address and Site Address – are greyed out or you lack permission to edit them. No worries! Here’s what you should do in this case:
- Connect your website via SFTP.
- Just remove the following two lines:
- You’re all set. Go back and change the corresponding fields like described in the first option.
If you happen to encounter any further problems, feel free to reach out to our customer care team.