As a safety precaution, it is a good idea to periodically change passwords. For websites hosted on 10Web, changing your SFTP password is only one click.
Your SFTP and SSH passwords are the same. When you change your SFTP password, your SSH password will also automatically change in the dashboard.
Changing your SFTP password
To change your SFTP password:
- Log in to your 10Web account
- Click on the website for which you want to change the SFTP password
- Under Hosting Services, click on Credentials
- Navigate to the SFTP card
- Click the Generate New SFTP Password button
Once a new password is generated, the old password will no longer work.
- To proceed, click Generate