The template editor is an exclusive feature that you’ll get with the 10Web site builder. By clicking the template editor icon in the lower right hand of your screen, you’ll open the template editor that features two panels.
From this panel you can select or edit templates for the main header, footer, and center area of your website, or on specific pages.
Selecting a Template:
- Click the drop-down menu under each “Main” section to choose one of the available templates.
- Click “Save” after selecting a new template to apply it.
Editing a Template:
- Click “Edit” next to the selected template.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “Edit” and click “Edit For This Page” to apply the changes on your current page only.
- From the new tab that opens, edit the template using the builder.
- When you’re done editing the template, click "Update" to save your changes.
Choosing where to display your edited templates:
- While editing a template, click the template editor button to open the website structure panel.
- This panel displays all your pages, posts, and other elements that currently have the template you’re editing applied to them. Noted by the blue checkmark .
- Click the “Conditions” button to set custom conditions to where in your website you want to display your template.
- Click the grey drop-down button to the left, to select whether to “Include” or “Exclude” your selected condition.
- Click the central drop-down button to select where you want the condition to apply to, this can be your entire site, specific areas such as specific pages, categories, features, etc. or specific archives in your website.
- Click the “Add Condition” button to add new conditions to the list.
- When you’re done click “Publish” to apply your settings.
This panel displays your most recently edited pages, posts, and other elements of your website, so you can quickly transition between them.
Click the blue pencil icon next to a page, post, or an element, to go to and edit it. The pencil icon appears when you hover over the name of the page, post, or element.