Business emailing is a tricky field. It’s much more unprofessional if you send emails from a personal rather than a business email account. That’s exactly why you might come to the need of creating an email address with your domain name.
However, you might wonder, how exactly do you create perform that. Particularly, you might wonder which service or provider to use in order to create this so called business-email.
Of course, there are many different ways for creating an email address with your domain name - such as through the domain name registrar that you’re using, through Gmail, etc. However, in this article we’ll talk about a free service offered by Yandex for specifically creating an email using your domain.
So, let’s go through all the steps of creating an email address with your domain name using Yandex. Here’s how you do that:
- First off you should go to the page of Yandex Connect: https://connect.yandex.com/pdd/.
- If you already have an account - simply log in, otherwise you have to create an account on Yandex Connect. All you need to do is enter basic information about your name, existing email address, choose a new username and password and answer the security question. Then click Register.
- Once you’re registered and logged into your Yandex Connect account - under Free Mail for Your Domain, in the text box you should enter the domain name you’re using to create an email address with and click Sign Up for Free.
- You then, will be redirected to your personal account on Yandex Connect.
- On the left side dark menu click Domains.
- Click on the domain name on the upper right side of the page.
- At this point you’ll see a “Domain is not confirmed” warning. There are three possible options of confirming your domain listed underneath, using a Meta tag, an HTML file or a DNS-record. The simplest form is to use a DNS-Record.
- In order to proceed with using the third option click DNS-record.
- On the page you’ll see a txt record, that you have to copy to your hosting provider - 10Web in our case. Here’s how to do that:
- Copy the DNS TXT record.
- Go back to your 10Web Dashboard.
- Click on the Manage button of the corresponding website.
- On the left side menu navigate to hosting services and click Domains.
- In front of the domain name that you’re using click Manage DNS.
- You’ll be redirected to your list of DNS records. Since the record you’ve been given in Yandex is a txt record - from the dropdown menu under type choose the txt record type.
- There under hostname write the name of your subdomain and paste the txt record you’ve copied from Yandex Connect under the TXT Content.
- Once all this information is filled in - click Add DNS Record.
- Back to your account on Yandex Connect - click the yellow Start Verification button. Afterwards your check status will show in progress. It’s necessary to just wait for a while before the verification process is completed. It might take from seconds to a few minutes of time (hardly ever more than 10 minutes).
- If you’ve done everything correctly, once the verification process is complete you’ll automatically be redirected to a Domain Confirmed page.
- Below you’ll see an “MX Records for this domain have not been set up” message. So it’s time to add the MX records. To do that follow the steps below:
- Go to the following link: https://yandex.com/support/connect/dns/mx.html.
- Under the third point of General Instructions for Configuring MX records you can find the value, priority and the subdomain name of the Yandex MX record.
- Copy the value and just like in the case of the txt record - go back to your 10Web dashboard, under Domains section click Manage DNS.
- Under the Type section choose MX and paste the copied Value and then click Add DNS record.
- Now the waiting process might take a little longer than expected. If everything is done correctly you’ll get the following message on your Yandex Connect page: “Domain is confirmed and ready.”
Now your domain is confirmed. To continue the process, follow the steps below:
- Go back to your Yandex Connect account.
- On top of the menu click All Employees. Then below the page click on the small Add button and from the menu choose Add a Person.
- You’ll be redirected to a popup window, where you can register your new employee. It’s mostly standard personal information you’re supposed to input in the corresponding fields here, such as name, surname, gender, language, etc, etc. as well as create a longin and a password for the employee.
- After the information is filled in click the yellow Add button below the page.
There you go - the email is created. It’ll be mentioned on the personal profile section of the page you’ll be automatically redirected too.
In order to test or use it just do the following:
- Copy the newly created email address.
- Click the personal account icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click Mail.
- On the page that follows click Sign out.
- You’ll appear on the Yandex Connect login page. Log in with the newly created email address, using the password you chose.
- Once you log in you’ll see a yellow Complete Registration button. Done!
- In order to send an email click on the personal account icon, click Email. You’ll be redirected to your Yandex email account, from where you can send out your emails through Compose.
Congratulations. Now you have a professional business email account with your domain name to send your emails from.
If at some point of the process you come to need help from an expert - feel free to address your concerns to our Customer Care team and they will help you out.