For websites hosted at 10Web, we provide free SSL certificates using the Letsencrypt certificate generating services.
If you already have an SSL certificate you would like to use, you can add it as a custom SSL certificate.
Before you begin
Before adding your custom SSL certificate, your domain should be live.
Many Certificate Authorities that provide SSL certificates normally email the required .key, .cert, and .ca_bundle files when an SSL certificate is issued.
Adding a custom SSL certificate
- Log in to your 10Web dashboard.
- Click Manage on the site you’d like to add the custom SSL certificate files to.
- Under Hosting Services, click Tools.
- Select Add custom SSL certificate from the drop down menu in the SSL Certificates section.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of the .key file into the upper field.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of the .cert file into the lower field.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of the .ca_bundle file below the .cert file’s contents in the same lower field.
- Click Add Certificate.
When entering both certificate files into the lower field, you must place the .cert file’s contents first, then paste the .ca_bundle file’s contents below it in the same field.
Check out How to Verify Your SSL Certificate to make sure your certificates are set up correctly.