Website safety and security are at the top of the list for every website owner. One way of securing your website is making sure that all of your plugins and themes are up to date. If you are managing a lot of websites, it would be difficult to remember when your plugins need to be updated. 10Web offers a solution by allowing you to schedule automatic updates of your plugins and themes.
Scheduling automatic plugin updates
To set a schedule for the automatic updates of your plugins:
- Log into your 10Web account
- Click on the website where you want to schedule the updates
- Click on Plugins > Scheduling
- Click the Enable Scheduling toggle so that it’s green
- Choose the best interval of updates for your website: monthly, weekly, daily
- Enter the Time and Day of start
Please note that the scheduling feature will use the time of the time zone set by you on your account
- Click on Enable Backup services to perform safe updates
As an extra security measure, enabling the Backup service will allow us to automatically backup your website before a plugin update is performed.
- Tick the checkbox in front of the plugins you want to schedule for updates or
- If you want to perform a bulk update, tick the checkbox in front of Include all
- Lastly, click Save and Schedule
The History tab shows all the completed scheduled updates, the date of the last update, the names of the updated plugins, and the before the update and after the update versions of the plugins.