10Web provides free SSL certificates using the Letsencrypt certificate generating services for websites hosted at 10Web.
Before you begin
Before generating a free SSL certificate, your domain should be live.
If you are using Cloudflare and would like to generate a free SSL certificate on 10Web, please follow the steps in this article.
Generating a free SSL certificate
- Log in to your 10Web Dashboard
- Click on the website for which you want to generate the SSL certificate
- Go to Hosting Services
- Click on Tools
- From SSL Certificates, click on the dropdown menu
- Choose Generate Free SSL Certificate
- Click Continue
- Select the domain you want to add an SSL certificate to
- Click Apply
If you already have an SSL certificate, you can also add your custom SSL certificate to your website.
Free SSL certificates work for the main domain (domain.com), the www version of the main domain (www.domain.com), and any subdomains hosted at 10Web (sub.domain.com). However, they do not work for the www version of subdomains (www.sub.domain.com).