Migrate your website to 10Web to get top tier hosting on Google Cloud, a fully optimized website with the 10Web Website Booster, an optimized PageSpeed score, an AI powered website builder, and 10Web tools and services. Migrating your websites hosted elsewhere to 10Web hosting is done automatically with a single click using the 10Web Manager Plugin.
Automatic migration will make a copy of your website on 10Web hosting without affecting your live website.
Automated 1-click migration
To get started with migration of your website, you will first need to create a 10Web account. Once created and logged in:
- Click on Migrate your website located at the top of the page
To migrate your website you will need to install and activate the 10Web Manager plugin on the website you want to migrate.
- Click on Download Plugin to download the 10Web Manager
- Go to the WordPress admin of the website you want to migrate
- On the left of the WP admin dashboard, click on Plugins
- At the top of the plugins page, click on Add New > Upload Plugin
- Click on choose file or drag and drop the 10Web Manager plugin into the field
- Then, click Install Now
- Once the plugin has been installed, click on Activate Plugin
Activation of the plugin will redirect you to the 10Web dashboard.
- Enter a subdomain for your website and choose a datacenter then click Migrate
This subdomain is temporary. You can always change this by pointing your domain to 10Web.
Migration of your website to 10Web will start automatically.
While your website is being migrated, you can enable the push notification to be notified as soon as migration is complete.
As soon as your migrated site is live, you will see a pop up with the comparison of your previous website score and the score of the live copy on 10Web hosting. Click Explore & Test to go to the overview page of your migrated website.
You can test your migrated website PageSpeed score by clicking on the score at the left corner of your website thumbnail or navigating to the Main page of the Booster. Click Reanalyze to have 10Web re-run your website PageSpeed test. To check your Hosting Performance, navigate to Hosting Services > More > Hosting performance.
Once you have created or migrated your site to 10Web, the last step before going live is to point your domain to 10Web.
All sites created and hosted at 10Web are given a free SSL certificate. You should enable and generate a free SSL certificate after migrating and pointing your domain to 10Web.
Here is a look at the most common reasons for the failure of Automatic migration and how to fix them.