Migrate your website to 10Web to get an automatic 90+ PageSpeed score, take advantage of 10Web tools and services, and automate time consuming website creation processes.
Migrating your websites hosted elsewhere to 10Web hosting is done automatically with a single click using the 10Web Manager Plugin.
Automatic migration will make a copy of your website on 10Web hosting
After you have created an account with 10Web, you will see 2 options:
- Create a New WordPress Website on 10Web Hosting
- Automated 1-Click Migration
Let’s take a look at how to migrate your website to 10Web.
Automated 1-click migration
- Click on the download button to download the 10Web Manager Plugin
- Go to the WordPress admin of the website you want to migrate
- On the left of the WP admin dashboard, click on Plugins
- On the top of the plugins page, click on Add New
- On the top of the page, click on Upload Plugin
- Click on choose file or drag and drop the 10Web Manager plugin into the field
- Click Install Now
- Once the plugin has been installed, click on Activate Plugin
Activation of the plugin will redirect you to the 10Web dashboard and automatically start the process of copying your website to 10Web.
If you have already created a website in your trial account but would like to migrate an existing website hosted elsewhere to test it out on 10Web hosting, download the 10Web Manager Plugin and follow the above steps starting at step 2.
Your website copy will replace your trial website created on 10Web hosting.
Once you have created or migrated your site to 10Web, the last step before going live is to point your domain to 10Web.
All sites created and hosted at 10Web are given a free SSL certificate. You should enable and generate a free SSL certificate after migrating and pointing your domain to 10Web.
Here is a look at the most common reasons for the failure of Automatic migration and how to fix them.